Our first stop on this western U.S. road trip is in Crescent City, California. Here is where you will find amazing, towering, Sequoia Redwood trees. These ancient trees can stand up to heights the size of a 35 story skyscraper and can be up to 22 feet around at the base! To say these trees are gigantic is an understatement! With hiking, biking, kayaking, ranger-led programs and more, you’ll have plenty of things to do during your stay!
- The Redwoods RV Resort – 6401 Highway 101 North, Crescent City, CA
- Shoreline RV Park – 900 Sunset Circle, Crescent City, CA
- Village Camper Inn – 1543 Parkway Drive, Crescent City, CA
- Vita Cucina – 1270 Front St., Crescent City, CA
- Marlo’s – 632 Main St., Crescent City, CA
- Christina’s – 237 Price Mall, Crescent City, CA
- Safeway - 475 M St, Crescent City, CA
- J & L Market - 3181 Lake Earl Dr, Crescent City, CA
- Walmart - 900 E Washington Blvd, Crescent City, CA
Next we’re off to Yosemite Valley!
- Take CA-96 to CA-299 E.
- Follow CA-299E to I-5 S
- Hop on I-5 S to CA-99 S
- Take CA-99 S to CA-4 E
- Head down CA-4 E to CA-120E
- Follow CA-120 E to Old Yosemite Coulterville Rd in Mariposa County. From here you will be able to follow the signs that will take you right there!
Yosemite National Park, CA
Towering cliffs and thundering waterfalls are what Yosemite is known for. This area is one of the most majestic places that California has to offer. Get out your hiking, biking, climbing, and fishing gear and get ready for a fun-filled adventure! You can take tours of specific areas of the park such as the Valley Floor, Glacier Point, and Tuolumne Meadows. Make sure you don’t miss the Yosemite museum to learn about the history of this breathtaking area!
- 49 RV Ranch - 3223 Italian Bar Rd., Columbia, CA
- Indian Flat Campground - 9988 Highway 140, El Portal, CA
- Yosemite Lakes RV Resort – 31191 Hardin Flat Rd., Groveland, CA
- Mandy’s Breakfast House - 22267 Parrots Ferry Rd, Sonora, CA
- Jeb’s Hill Country Cooking - 729 Mono Way, Sonora, CA
- Diamondback Grill - 93 S Washington St, Sonora, CA
- Columbia Mercantile - 11000 Jackson St, Columbia, CA
- Claud’s Columbia Market - 22620 Parrots Ferry Rd, Columbia, CA
- R&L Mini Mart - 22277 Parrots Ferry Rd, Sonora, CA
Next we’re headed off to Death Valley!
- Hop on CA-41 and head south to CA-99 S
- Take CA-99 to CA-58
- Take CA-58 to Redrock Randsburg and follow it to US-395
- Take US-395 to CA-190 E
- Take CA-190 E and follow the signs to Death Valley!
Death Valley National Park, CA
With amazing views like Golden Canyon, Artist’s Drive, and Dante’s View, Death Valley has a very misleading name. This area is located below sea level and is very dry, but has tons of beautiful things to check out. You may even get to see some Nelson's bighorn sheep, a roadrunner, and some desert tortoises! Make sure you have your camera handy because you’ll want to remember all you see here! You can even take a paleontology tour where you can see old fossils of animal tracks from millions of years ago.
- Furnace Creek - 328 Greenland Blvd., Death Valley, CA
- Texas Spring – Texas Springs Rd, Death Valley, CA
- Stovepipe Wells - Cottonwood Canyon Rd, Death Valley, CA
- Toll Road Restaurant - 51880 CA-190, Death Valley, CA
- Forty-Niner Café - Highway 190, Death Valley Junction, CA
- Wrangler Steakhouse & Buffet - Highway 190, Death Valley Junction, CA
- Furnace Creek Resort General Store - CA-190, Death Valle, CA
- Stovepipe Wells General Store - 51880 CA-190, Death Valley, CA
- Panamint Springs General Store - 40440 Highway 190, Panamint Springs, CA
Next up is Red Rock Canyon, Nevada!
- Follow CA-190 to State Line Rd!
- Follow State Line Rd (it turns into Bella Vista Ave) to NV-160 and turn right.
- Follow NV-159E/Blue Diamond Rd/Red Rock Canyon and look for the signs!
Red Rock Canyon State Park, NV
Marvel at the multicolored rock formations that seem to shoot up out of the ground at Red Rock Canyon! This place has it all! You can go hiking, biking, and rock climbing! Everywhere you go there is breathtaking beauty! The miles of trails will wind you through many of the splendid areas that can be found here. Guided nature hikes and campfire programs can be enjoyed here as well! This park is the perfect place for geocaching, so if that’s what you’re into, make sure to check it out.
- Red Rock Campground - Moenkopi Loop, Las Vegas, NV
- Las Vegas Motorcoach Resort - 8175 Arville St, Las Vegas, NV
- Riviera RV Park - 2200 Palm St, Las Vegas, NV
- Krayvings - 11770 W Charleston Blvd #150, Las Vegas, NV
- John Cutter - 11770 W Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV
- Yard House - 11011 W. Charleston Blvd Las Vegas, NV
- Albertsons - 11720 W. Charleston Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89135
- Trader Joes - 2315 Summa Dr Ste 100, Las Vegas, NV
- Sprouts Farmers Market - 10000 W Sahara Ave, Las Vegas, NV
Now we’re headed to Valley of Fire in Nevada!
- Head out of Red Rock Canyon and jump on NV-159 E
- Exit at Summerlin PKWY and take it to I-15 N
- Take I-15 N to exit 75 and follow Valley of fire HWY to the signs that will lead you there!
Valley of Fire State Park, NV
Made of amazing sandstone formations, the Valley of Fire is red, as you may have guessed. The iron oxide in the rocks is what makes them red and they are streaked with black “dessert varnish.” Head out for a bike ride, hiking, or make a Hoodoo! As you make your way through the park, watch for petroglyphs and petrified wood. There are plenty of picnic areas, as well as a visitor’s center where you can relax and enjoy some lunch! Keep an eye out for the rare desert tortoises and see if you can get a coveted photo of one!
- Atlatl Rock Campground - Overton, NV
- Boulder Beach - 268 Lakeshore Rd, Boulder City, NV
- Echo Bay Resort - 600 Echo Bay Road, Overton, NV
- Carley’s Pizza - 123 S Moapa Valley Blvd, Moapa Valley, NV
- Sugar’s Home Plate - 309 Moapa Valley Blvd, Overton, NV
- La Fonda - 461 N Moapa Valley, Moapa Valley, NV
- Lin’s Marketplace - 350 Moapa Valley Blvd, Overton, NV
- Albertsons - 1008 Nevada Highway, Boulder City, NV
Our next stop is the amazing Grand Canyon!
- Get on US-93 and head south!
- Follow US-93 (it will turn into I-40 E) to AZ-64 (which becomes US-180)
- Follow the signs from there!
Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
Does the Grand Canyon really need an introduction? This jaw-dropping slit gapes though colorful rock formations created by the Colorado River. This is one of the most visited places in the U.S. with around 4.5 million people checking it out each year! During your visit, take a scenic desert view drive, go whitewater rafting, ride the Grand Canyon Railway, take a mule trip, and see the Tusayan Museum and Ruin.
- Ten-X Campground - Grand Canyon Village, AZ
- Trailer Village - 100 Trailer Village Rd, Grand Canyon Village, AZ
- Grand Canyon Camper Village - 549 Camper Village Ln, Grand Canyon Village, AZ
- El Tovar Dining Room - 1 El Tovar Road, Grand Canyon Village, AZ
- Bright Angel Restaurant - 9 N Village Loop Dr, Grand Canyon Village, AZ
- The Arizona Room - 9 N Village Loop Drive, Grand Canyon Village, AZ
- Grand Canyon Village Market - 1 Market Plaza Rd, Grand Canyon Village, AZ
- Canyon Food Mart - 1000 E Old West Hwy, Apache Junction, AZ
- Grand Canyon Trading Post - 111 AZ-64, Grand Canyon Village, AZ
We’re off to Arches National Park in Utah!
- Head out of the Grand Canyon National Park and hop on AZ-64
- Take AZ-64 to US-160 E (will become US 191)
- US-191 will take you right to the entrance.
Arches National Park, UT
With over 2,000 natural arches made out of stone, it’s not hard to figure out where this park got its name. These arches were carved out over many years by water seeping into cracks in the stone and dissolving areas that then turned into arch formations. In Arches National Park you can spend your time backpacking or hiking, canyoneering, rock climbing, and biking. As you check out these amazing formations, you can also see plenty of birds, lizards, and mammals that freely wander the park.
- Archview RV Resort & Campground - U.S. 191 Moab, UT
- Slickrock Campground - 1301 - 1/2 North HWY 191 Moab, UT
- Portal RV Resort - 1261 North Highway 191 Moab, UT
- Sweet Cravings Bakery + Bistro (397 N. Main Street, Moab, UT 84532)
- Eklecticcafe (352 N Main St, Moab, UT 84532)
- Jeffery’s Steakhouse (218 North 100 West, Moab, UT 84532)
- City Market (425 S Main St., Moab, UT 84532)
- Dave’s Corner Market (401 E Mill Creek Dr., Moab, UT 84532)
- The Village Market (702 S. Main St., Moab, UT 84532)
Our next stop is Craters of the Moon!
- Jump on I-70W and take it to US191N.
- Follow this to I-15 N
- Take I-15 to I-15BL and take exit 93.
- Follow US-26 and follow the signs!
Craters of the Moon National Monument, ID
Walk on lava at the Creators of the Moon National Monument & Preserve. This place is covered in rock formations that were once fields of flowing lava that erupted from cracks in the ground. These eruptions led to fertile ground that many plants and animals now call home. Go on a hike, follow the cave trails, or if you happen to visit in the winter, strap on some cross-country skis or a pair of snowshoes.
- Mountain View RV Park - 705 W. Grand Avenue Arco, ID
- Moose Crossing RV Park - 3798 Highway 93 Moore, ID
- Joe T Fallini Campground - Mackay, ID
- Lost River Drive In (520 W Grand Ave, Arco, ID 83213)
- Pickle’s Place (440 S Front Street, Arco, ID 83213)
- Mountain View Café (Mountain View RV Park, 705 West Grand Avenue, Arco, ID 83213)
- A & A Market (218 N. Idaho St, Arco, ID)
- Bargain Barn (216 Front St, Arco, ID 83213)
- Bengal Pharmacy at Lost Rivers (551 Highland Dr., Arco, ID)
Head on over to Mount Rainier!
- Take I-84 W (will turn into I-82) to US-12 W
- Take exit 31 and follow US-12 to WA-123
- Follow the signs from there!
Mount Rainier National Park, WA
Last erupting in 1894, Mount Rainier is an active volcano! Geologists are studying it to ensure they get everyone away from it well before the next eruption. At this current time, you can safely check out the area and all it has to offer! Become one of the more than 10,000 people to climb this mountain each year, take a hike, or participate in one of the many ranger-led programs!
- South Prairie Creek RV Park - 606 WA-162, South Prairie, WA
- Mounthaven Resort - 38210 SR 706 East Ashford, WA
- Packwood RV Park and Campground - 12985 US-12, Randle, WA
- Summit House - 33914 Crystal Mountain Blvd, Enumclaw, WA
- National Park Inn Dining Room – Paradise Rd E, Mt. Rainier National Park, WA
- The Snorting Elk Cellar - 33818 Crystal Mountain Blvd., Crystal Mountain, WA
- H Mart (8720 S. Tacoma Way, Lakewood, WA 98499)
- Grocery Outlet (960 Roosevelt Ave, Enmclaw, WA 98022)
- Hobart Food Market (202050 276th Ave SE, Hobart, WA 98025)
Off to Cater Lake!
- Head south on I-5 to OR-58 and take exit 188
- Follow OR-58 to the signs!
Crater Lake National Park, OR
Yet another place of pure beauty with a violent volcanic past, Crater Lake National Park is one of the most gorgeous places you will ever visit! Crater Lake is the deepest lake in the U.S. and is the 9th deepest in the world! When you're here, you’ll experience some of the best fishing, swimming, and boating ever! This park is home to tons of amphibians like frogs, salamanders, toads, and more! There are plenty of youth programs here too, so if you have little ones, make sure to take advantage of this offer!
- Diamond Lake RV Park - 3500 Diamond Lake Loop, Diamond Lake, OR
- Crater Lake Resort - 50711 Hwy 62, Fort Klamath, OR
- Park Campgrounds – Crater Lake National Park, OR
- Crater Lake Lodge Dining Room – 1211 Avenue C, White City, OR
- Annie Creek Restaurant - 1211 Avenue C, White City, OR
- Rim Village Café - 1211 Avenue C, White City, OR
- Prospect Store (500 Mill Creek Dr., Prospect, OR 97536
- Odessa Market (28200 OR-140, Klamath Falls, OR)