Don’t settle for a boring bowl of cereal for your camping breakfast! You can easily enjoy a super tasty morning treat with pie iron hash browns! They’re hearty, stuffed with a creamy, delicious filling, and are super quick to make! Bust out your pie iron and get cooking!
What You’ll Need:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Frozen hash browns
- Seasoning (optional)
- Sour cream
- Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Green onions or chives, finely chopped
- Shredded cheese (we prefer cheddar for a nice strong flavor)
- After you get your campfire going, spray each side of your pie iron with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together about one cup of sour cream, bacon, cheddar cheese, and green onions or chives. Feel free to add any seasonings you desire to this mixture for extra flavor!
- Place a thin layer of hash browns on one side of the pie iron. Don’t make the layer too thick or it won’t cook, and you’ll have trouble closing your iron.
- Spread a couple spoonfuls of the sour cream mixture evenly over the layer of hash browns.
- Place another thin layer of hash browns on top of the sour cream mixture, then carefully close the iron.
- Cook over the fire until the hash browns are browned. This should take about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Let your hash browns cool, then enjoy!
Can you imagine a better way to start your day? These incredible pie iron hash browns will not only taste amazing next to some sausage and eggs, but you can make them for a tasty lunch or dinner alongside some hamburgers or hot dogs! They’re so versatile too, so feel free to change up the recipe with different ingredients that you like! Use thinner, shredded hash browns for a crispier finish, or add some dry ranch seasoning to your sour cream mixture for loaded ranch potatoes!
Get your camping adventures started at All Seasons RV today, where we have the best selection of RVs in West Michigan! Stop by today so you can get out there and whip up some of these ultra tasty pie iron hash browns! Pair these with easy omelets in a bag or awesome campfire French toast for a practically effortless morning. Try this yummy recipe out and leave us a comment to let us know how they turned out!