Don’t you just love all the traditions that come along with the holiday season? From decorating, finding the perfect gift for loved ones, to holiday parties and festive food, it’s easy to get swept up in the wonder of it all! But the best part? Holiday desserts, especially COOKIES! Sugar cookie decorating is a favorite holiday pastime for many people, but if you find yourself struggling to find the perfect sugar cookie recipe, as many do, look no further!
This amazing sugar cookie recipe yields perfect cutouts that taste amazing! It’s especially great if you’re RVing this Christmas, as the dough doesn’t have to chill at all, meaning you won’t have to move everything around your RV refrigerator to make room for a big bowl of cookie dough! Round up your favorite holiday cookie cutters and get baking!
- 1 C. (two sticks) of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ C. granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. almond extract (Optional. If not available or desired, replace with ½ tsp. vanilla extract)
- 2 ¾ C. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Cream together butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl, then add the egg, vanilla, and almond extract and blend thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and baking powder together.
- Add the flour and baking powder mixture to the wet ingredients, about a cup at a time. If the dough becomes too stiff, remove from the bowl and knead by hand on a clean countertop until completely blended.
- DO NOT chill the dough! That’s the beauty of this recipe! Divide the dough into two or three separate batches, and roll out onto a floured surface, between 1/8 and ¼ of an inch thick.
- Dip cookie cutters in flour and cut out your cookies!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place your cutouts on the baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes, until the cooking are firm. Check the cookies at six minutes to see if they are desired firmness. Bake longer if needed/desired.
- Remove cookies from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack and allow them to completely cool before frosting!
This yummy sugar cookie recipe is perfect for anyone RVing this Christmas, or for those of you staying warm and cozy at home! Whip up some icing and decorate your awesome cookies just the way you want them! Invest in a camper-shaped cookie cutter and decorate them to look like your RV at Christmastime for the ultimate RV Christmas cookie!
How did your cookies turn out? Leave us a comment and let us know!