2 heirloom tomatoes
8 oz. fresh mozzarella
6-8 fresh basil leaves
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 Tsp. honey
Pinch of salt
Freshly ground black pepper
3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Mix together the vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly add the olive oil until it has thickened.
- Place 2 tablespoons of dressing at the bottom of 2 Mason jars.
- Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella horizontally into ¼” rounds.
- Layer the salad in the 2 jars in this order: tomatoes, mozzarella, basil. Repeat layers until you’re done.
Easy-to-Carry Cajun Shrimp Jar
Cajun seasoning (paprika, garlic granules, chili powder, cayenne, Himalayan sea salt)
Green and red peppers, sliced
Extra virgin olive oil
- Lightly sauté onion and peppers in olive oil.
- Sauté shrimp and season with the Cajun seasoning.
- Layer the ingredients into a Mason jar in this order: sautéed peppers, sautéed onions, Cajun shrimp, guacamole, and spinach.
Portable Pasta Salad
12 oz. rotini pasta
½ C. mayo
½ C. sour cream
1 oz. dry ranch dressing mix
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ C. milk
8 slices of bacon, cooked & crumbled
1 large tomato, chopped
4.25 oz. black olives, drained & sliced
1 C. shredded cheddar
- Cook pasta until al dente (about 8 minutes). Rinse with cool water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine mayo, sour cream, ranch mix, garlic powder, and milk.
- Add cooled pasta, bacon, tomato, olives, and cheese. Toss to combine.
- Chill in refrigerator. Divide into insulated to-go cups.
In-a-Pinch Spinach Bacon Salad
4 C. baby spinach leaves
1 red onion, chopped
8 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
2 C. sliced mushrooms
½ C. mayo
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. vinegar
1 Tsp. salt
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Divide evenly between 4 insulated salad-to-go jars and put at the bottom of each jar.
- Layer the salad ingredients in the jars in this order: red onion, egg, mushroom, bacon, and spinach.
Road-tripping Ramen Salad
1 (16 oz.) bag coleslaw mix
1 C. sunflower seeds
1 C. sliced almonds
2 (3 oz. each) bags of Ramen noodles, crushed (any flavor, you’ll discard the flavor packet)
5 stalks of green onion (chopped)
¾ C. vegetable oil
1/3 C. white vinegar
½ C. sugar
- In a large bowl, mix together the coleslaw, sunflower seeds, almonds, Ramen noodles, and green onion.
- In a small bowl, mix together the vegetable oil, vinegar, and sugar. Whisk it together and then pour over the coleslaw mixture until it’s coated well.
- Divide salad evenly into mason jars or to-go containers.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Can be eaten at room temperature.
4 iceberg lettuce leaves
Slices of deli turkey
Favorite sandwich toppings (hummus, cream cheese, tomato, cheese, cucumber, avocado, peppers, paprika, etc.)
- Place a slice or two of turkey on each lettuce leaf.
- If using hummus or other spread, use a knife to spread onto meat.
- Top with favorite sandwich toppings.
- Wrap lettuce up and secure it with a toothpick.