Making omelets in a bag is a great alternative to traditional pan-cooked omelets, especially when you are camping or feeding a large group. With easy meal preparation and simple clean-up, omelets in a bag satisfy picky eaters and breakfast-lovers alike. After you make this simple meal, you’ll wonder why you ever made them any other way!
What You’ll Need -
1 Tbsp. of grated cheese
1 plastic Ziploc freezer bag
2 large eggs
- chopped ham
- bacon bits
- chopped onion
- sliced mushroom
- chopped peppers
- chopped fresh tomato
- chunky salsa
1. Bring water to a boil in your pot.
2. Break two eggs into your plastic bag and add the cheese, along with any other optional ingredients you’d like in your omelet.
3. Tightly seal your Ziploc plastic bag and shake/squeeze the ingredients together to mix them. (Tip: you may want to write names on the plastic bags using a permanent marker to show which omelet belongs to which person).
4. Carefully open up the bag and remove as much of the air as possible.
5. Tightly reseal your bag and gently drop it into the boiling water.
6. Boil for approximately 12 minutes and remove the bag from the water.
7. Open the bag, pour the contents onto your plate, and enjoy!
We want to hear from you! Do you have a favorite omelet ingredient that we didn't mention? Do you make your omelets a different way? What is one of your family's favorite egg breakfasts that you'd like to share with us? Let us know below!