Sweet potatoes aren’t just delicious, they’re also packed with vitamin A, and they’re a good source of vitamin C, manganese, copper, and potassium too! With so much to offer, why not take these tasty tubers on your next camping trip for a scrumptious side dish that will take any meal pairing to the next level! Try these campfire buttery garlic sweet potatoes and see for yourself!
What You’ll Need
- 1/4 C. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes (chopped into 1” pieces)
- 1/2 C. butter
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 C. parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How To Prepare
- Prepare your campfire so you have either a hot bed of coals or a cooking grate to cook with when you’re ready.
- To prepare your sweet potatoes, chop them into 1” pieces and place them on a square sheet of tinfoil.
- Drizzle the chopped potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss the potatoes to coat evenly.
- Melt your butter in a small bowl and mix it with the garlic powder and parsley.
- Drizzle your garlic butter mixture over the potatoes.
- Wrap up your potatoes in the tinfoil, being careful to keep the juices locked inside.
How To Cook
- Place your potatoes on the prepared coals or on a cooking grate.
- Check on your potatoes periodically throughout the cooking process. Remove from heat after 30 minutes or when the potatoes are done.
- Give them time to cool off before digging in!
**Warning: Because of the high sugar content in the potatoes they will be prone to burning if cooked at too high a temperature, so do not attempt to place them directly in the flames.
For an entreé to pair with your campfire buttery garlic sweet potatoes, check out this recipe for on-the-fire reuben sandwiches. And don’t even think about skipping dessert! Instead, make these mouthwatering campfire cones and cap this meal off right!
Have you tried this delicious sweet potato recipe? Let us know how you liked it and what you paired it with in the comments!