Valentine's Day is quickly approaching, and what could be better than a delicious treat to show your love to those who are nearest and dearest to you? These pretty and tasty strawberry sugar blossom cookies are a sweet treat for your love, and are even topped with a kiss! These are a super delicious twist on the yummy traditional peanut butter blossom cookies, and are festively pink with strawberry flavor!
These are unique and easy to make as they use cake mix as the dough base, so you don’t have to slave away measuring out ingredients! We recommend strawberry extract for this recipe, as it’ll intensify both the flavor and color of your cookies, but it could be difficult to find in stores. If you want to make this recipe today and don’t have it on-hand, you can either substitute vanilla extract or go without! The addition of pink sanding sugar also helps to make that pink color pop, but again, it isn’t necessary and regular granulated sugar or pink sugar sprinkles will work just fine!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 large egg
- ½ C. melted butter
- 4 oz. softened cream cheese
- ½ C. granulated sugar or pink sanding sugar
- 1 bag of Hershey’s Kisses, flavor of choice (you’ll need 48 kisses)
- 1 tsp. strawberry extract (optional)
- Unwrap 48 of the Hershey’s Kisses, one for each cookie, and place them in a bowl in the refrigerator. This will help them to keep their shape when you press them into the warm cookies!
- In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, melted butter, egg, and optional strawberry extract until combined. It isn’t necessary to use the strawberry extract, but it’ll add a more intense strawberry flavor, if that’s what you prefer!
- Add the cream cheese until it is incorporated completely.
- Refrigerate your dough for 30-60 minutes before baking.
- Set your oven for 350 degrees, and roll the dough into 48 balls. Roll the balls in sugar and place on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are slightly browned. Immediately press a cold Hershey’s Kiss into the center of the cookie. Let the cookies cool completely before storing!
Don’t these strawberry sugar blossom cookies sound absolutely scrumptious? Your special valentine will surely be feeling the love from these sweet treats, and who doesn’t love a kiss? Just be careful not to eat them all before you give them to your loved ones! It’ll be tempting! Try out this recipe and leave us a comment to let us know how they turned out!